Product Design & Development
As a designer and developer of digital and tangible products, I understand the disciplines of bringing products from concept to point-of-sale.
My experience has extended my skills to manage relationships with key stakeholders including manufacturers, engineers, producers, brand managers, buyers, designers, consultants, and focus groups to bring concepts to fruition.
You can find my best-known product at PetSmart.
LAgeek is a product design and development company and specializes in consumer products in many industries. I design and develop products, including the Percher® bird perch which is for sale at PetSmart.
Percher® Bird Perch: A licensed pet product, manufactured for distribution and worldwide sales.
- Led the Percher product throughout all stages of lifecycle including conception, definition, market research, functional prototypes, focus groups, and packaging design for point-of-sale.
- Responsible for the Percher product photography, marketing collateral, trade show displays, and other post-release activities.
Coin Carousel™ Collection System: A coin accessory in the collectibles industry.
Hot Flash Balloon™ Cooling System: Hot flash relief in a flexible, reusable, and freezable cooling balloon.
- Ideation, product design and development, industrial design, data analysis, packaging design, and marketing collateral for market exposure.
See and read more at eliamartinez-com.preview-domain.com/Portfolio.
Project Manager • Graphic Designer • Email Marketing Coordinator
Contractor for clients in California and Arizona
2004 – 2010
- Utilized organizational and technical skills to coordinate project resources and manage designers for web projects.
- Managed the production of deliverables with respect to creative, technical, and production constraints.
- Designed and maintained client websites using WordPress, Dreamweaver, CSS, and hand-coded HTML.
- Created graphics and print collateral, and worked directly with sales, marketing, and creative teams.
- Launched Customer Relationship Management (CRM) emails using ExactTarget and Oracle’s Siebel.
Designer • Photographer • Integrator
The Walt Disney Company
1999 – 2004
- Reported to producers and supported marketing and production teams to prioritize goals and establish Disney product and marketing objectives. Created graphics and photographed Disney collectibles, such as Monsters, Inc. and Finding Nemo.
- Collaborated with producers and engineers to design and implement a batch utility application that cut the photography production process in half.
Visit my LinkedIn profile.
Illinois State University, Normal, Illinois
Bachelor of Science, Major: Mass Communications – Minor: Public Relations
Focus: TV Production, Graphic Design, Photography, and Art
Salzburg College, Salzburg, Austria
International Exchange Student – Art History and German
Alliance Française – Paris, France
French Immersion Program